tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat shutdown issue
Date Sat, 20 Feb 2010 11:44:16 GMT
As I believe someone already told you, there is no need to repeat every
message twice.

dBenjamin wrote:
> Tomcat not getting shutdown.. it shows the WARNING: StandardServer.await:
> Invalid command '' received
> can you pls find server.xml  when I click shutdwon.bat server not listning
> it shows WARNING: StandardServer.await: Invalid command '' received
>
> can you please help me to solve this issues..

Also, you were already given the answer before :
Probably (but we cannot tell that for sure just by your server.xml
file), it looks like /something/ is sending a normal HTTP request (*)
/to the shutdown port of the server/, instead of the normal HTTP port.

Find which client is sending a HTTP request to his port :
  <Server port="3006" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">

instead of this port :
     <Connector connectionTimeout="30000" port="6876" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
redirectPort="8757"/>

and you will find the reason.

(*) as a matter of fact, as per the logfile, it looks like this client
is making a connection to port 3006 and then just sending an empty request.
If you have software doing some kind of port scanning, that may be the
culprit.