tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ognjen Blagojevic <>
Subject Re: [OT] Tomcat dies suddenly
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 09:04:39 GMT
André Warnier wrote:
> Now I am very curious, because I happen to have supplied the media
> archive management software used by a very large broadcasting
> organisation, where a similar story happened to the server running ditto
> software (this was a few years ago).  Right after that incident, the
> organisation in question purchased a second server and a second copy of
> the software, and asked a partner of mine to design a failover solution.
> Of course we do not want to name anyone precisely, but it would be funny
> if this was the same incident.
> ?

You turned adversity into advantage. Good business lesson. :)

I believe it is not the same company, mine was educational institution,
and the incident was more than 10 years ago. Anyway, it is good to know
that fellow developers and administrators are facing the same problems,
around the globe.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message