tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: performance problems with Tomcat 6 and JSF 1.2
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2010 21:53:34 GMT
> Mark Thomas is a frequent contributor to this list and, if he's
> got time and you're willing to help, he's quite likely to help
> investigate and maybe work on a solution.

It is on my radar but I haven't had time to look at it yet. There is at
least one duplicate of 48600. Between the various bugs I think there is
a test case but it would be good to make sure. The ideal would be:
- test case that demonstrates the problem (as simple as possible, with
source, a single JSP is ideal)
- a clean patch in diff -u format against trunk that includes
documentation as appropriate

Essentially, the easier it is for a committer to understand the problem,
repeat the issue, understand the patch, apply the patch and test the
patch, the quicker fixes find their way into the codebase.

Mark