tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: File does not exist error - public_html/addArticle.do
Date Sun, 14 Feb 2010 20:35:12 GMT
On 14/02/2010 19:29, Steve Campisano wrote:
> Here is what I have for a server.xml component ..... I'm have also
> requested addition information concerning the
>
> application context.xml or additional configuration information
>
> NOTE: XXXXX = my site name
>
> =============
> <Host name="XXXXX.com" appBase="/home/XXXXX/public_html">
> <Alias>www.XXXXX.com</Alias>
> <Context path="" reloadable="true" docBase="/home/XXXXX/public_html"
> debug="1"/>

This is the old school and somewhat discouraged way of doing things, it
effectively makes the public_html directory behave as if it's the ROOT
application.

> <Context path="/manager" debug="0" privileged="true"
> docBase="/usr/local/jakarta/tomcat/server/webapps/manager">
> </Context>
> </Host>
> ============

> My web.xml is as follows:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <web-app version="2.4" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
> xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee
> http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd">
> <servlet>
> <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
> <servlet-class>org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet</servlet-class>
> <init-param>
> <param-name>config</param-name>
> <param-value>/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml</param-value>
> </init-param>
> <init-param>
> <param-name>debug</param-name>
> <param-value>2</param-value>
> </init-param>
> <init-param>
> <param-name>detail</param-name>
> <param-value>2</param-value>
> </init-param>
> <load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>
> </servlet>
> <servlet-mapping>
> <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
> <url-pattern>*.do</url-pattern>
> </servlet-mapping>
> <session-config>
> <session-timeout>
> 30
> </session-timeout>
> </session-config>
> <welcome-file-list>
> <welcome-file>newArticle.jsp</welcome-file>
> </welcome-file-list>
> </web-app>

> My struts-config.xml is as follows:
>

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
>
> <!DOCTYPE struts-config PUBLIC
> "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 1.3//EN"
> "http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_3.dtd">
>

> <struts-config>
> <form-beans>
> <form-bean name="AddArticleForm"
> type="com.XXXXX.action.forms.AddArticleForm"/>
> </form-beans>
>
> <global-exceptions>
>
> </global-exceptions>
>
> <global-forwards>
> <forward name="welcome" path="/Welcome.do"/>
> </global-forwards>
>
> <action-mappings>
> <action name="AddArticleForm" path="/addArticle" scope="request"
> type="com.XXXXX.actions.AddArticleAction" validate="false">
> <forward name="success" path="/WEB-INF/successAddArticle.jsp"/>
> <forward name="failure" path="/newArticle.jsp"/>
> </action>
> <action path="/Welcome" forward="/welcomeStruts.jsp"/>
> </action-mappings>

I'm no Struts expert, but I presume that based on the definition above,
the path will be:

  http://www.mysite.com/addArticle.do

rather than:

  http://www.mysite.com/TestStruts1/addArticle.do.

What happens if you request the former directly? (Without submitting the
form).