tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steve Campisano <w1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: File does not exist error - public_html/addArticle.do
Date Sun, 14 Feb 2010 19:29:13 GMT
Here is what I have for a server.xml component ..... I'm have also
requested addition information concerning the

application context.xml or additional configuration information

NOTE: XXXXX = my site name

=============
<Host name="XXXXX.com" appBase="/home/XXXXX/public_html">
           <Alias>www.XXXXX.com</Alias>
           <Context path="" reloadable="true" docBase="/home/XXXXX/public_html" debug="1"/>
           <Context path="/manager" debug="0" privileged="true"
               docBase="/usr/local/jakarta/tomcat/server/webapps/manager">
           </Context>
        </Host>
============

My web.xml is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app version="2.4" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd">
     <servlet>
         <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
         <init-param>
             <param-name>config</param-name>
         </init-param>
         <init-param>
             <param-name>debug</param-name>
             <param-value>2</param-value>
         </init-param>
         <init-param>
             <param-name>detail</param-name>
             <param-value>2</param-value>
         </init-param>
         <load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>
     </servlet>
     <servlet-mapping>
         <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
         <url-pattern>*.do</url-pattern>
     </servlet-mapping>
     <session-config>
         <session-timeout>
             30
         </session-timeout>
     </session-config>
     <welcome-file-list>
         <welcome-file>newArticle.jsp</welcome-file>
     </welcome-file-list>
</web-app>

My struts-config.xml is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<!DOCTYPE struts-config PUBLIC
           "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 1.3//EN"
           "http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_3.dtd">

<struts-config>
     <form-beans>
         <form-bean name="AddArticleForm" type="com.XXXXX.action.forms.AddArticleForm"/>
     </form-beans>

     <global-exceptions>

     </global-exceptions>

     <global-forwards>
         <forward name="welcome"  path="/Welcome.do"/>
     </global-forwards>

     <action-mappings>
         <action name="AddArticleForm" path="/addArticle" scope="request" type="com.XXXXX.actions.AddArticleAction"
validate="false">
             <forward name="success" path="/WEB-INF/successAddArticle.jsp"/>
             <forward name="failure" path="/newArticle.jsp"/>
         </action>
         <action path="/Welcome" forward="/welcomeStruts.jsp"/>
     </action-mappings>

     <controller processorClass="org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor"/>

     <message-resources parameter="com/myapp/struts/ApplicationResource"/>

     <!-- ========================= Tiles plugin ===============================-->
     <!--
     This plugin initialize Tiles definition factory. This later can takes some
     parameters explained here after. The plugin first read parameters from
     web.xml, thenoverload them with parameters defined here. All parameters
     are optional.
     The plugin should be declared in each struts-config file.
     - definitions-config: (optional)
     Specify configuration file names. There can be several comma
     separated file names (default: ?? )
     - moduleAware: (optional - struts1.1)
     Specify if the Tiles definition factory is module aware. If true
     (default), there will be one factory for each Struts module.
     If false, there will be one common factory for all module. In this
     later case, it is still needed to declare one plugin per module.
     The factory will be initialized with parameters found in the first
     initialized plugin (generally the one associated with the default
     module).
     true : One factory per module. (default)
     false : one single shared factory for all modules
     - definitions-parser-validate: (optional)
     Specify if xml parser should validate the Tiles configuration file.
     true : validate. DTD should be specified in file header (default)
     false : no validation

     Paths found in Tiles definitions are relative to the main context.
     -->
     <plug-in className="org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesPlugin">
         <set-property property="definitions-config" value="/WEB-INF/tiles-defs.xml" />
         <set-property property="moduleAware" value="true" />
     </plug-in>

     <!-- ========================= Validator plugin =================================
-->
     <plug-in className="org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn">
         <set-property
             property="pathnames"
             value="/WEB-INF/validator-rules.xml,/WEB-INF/validation.xml"/>
     </plug-in>

</struts-config>

I am currently placing my components within the directory structure of public_html/TestStruts1.

The components within this structure are as follows:

newArticle.jsp

WEB-INF
  classes
  lib
  struts-confg.xml
  successAddArticle.jsp
  tiles-defs.xml
  validation.xml
  validator-rules.xml
  web-xml

The classes folder contains my servlets and struts actions.

The lib folder contains the .jar files.

Again, I have this working in my testing environment.  It is only an issue after deployment
to my web site.

Also note that is will work if I access the application in the following manner:

http://XXXXX.com:8080/TestStruts1/

TestStrust1 is the folder I copied all of components to.

The above method will render the initial JSP with a form to enter data.  After entering the
data on the form and hitting submit the success page does return completed with the input
data provided on the form.  This is what I expect to occur in my test.

So this does work ....

It will not work however when I attempt to run it withhttp://www.XXXXX.com/TestStruts1/newArticle.jsp.

After I press the submit button I continue to get page with the following:

/TestStruts1/addArticle.do

The support staf is indicating they are finding this in the log:

[Sat Feb 13 08:19:10 2010] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xx.xxx] File does not exist: /home/XXXXX/public_html/TestStruts1/addArticle.do

On 2/14/2010 10:48 AM, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Steve Campisano [mailto:w1smc@yahoo.com]
>> Subject: Re: File does not exist error - public_html/addArticle.do
>>
>> I spoke to soon ..... I'm still getting the same error .....
>>
> So respond to Pid's suggestion:
>
> "Without seeing the server.xml, any application context.xml or additional config, we're
going to struggle to help you."

> You've sent three follow-up messages, none of which provide the requested (and required)
information.