tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Tomcat dies suddenly
Date Sat, 13 Feb 2010 22:27:54 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
>> Subject: Re:[OT] Tomcat dies suddenly
>>
>> Read relativistic protons instead.
>
> Now you're talking about something that can do real damage.  (Unlike a WIMP, which seems
to be too shy to even show up at the party.)

> BTW, I was thinking that since the T105 and T110 were both from the same vendor and use
the same case, there might be some common design factor causing these mysterious segfaults
- but they're radically different on the inside (e.g., AMD vs. Intel, memory speed and type,
slots).  Not much in common, except perhaps the power supply.

Since we must have by now exhausted all the normal  causes of such
errors, maybe we should recommend
a) a visual inspection of the systems, to see if there are any pinsize
holes, or paint flaking off or so
b) the installation of a surveilance camera, to check if the SegFaults
are synchronous with any visible phenomenon (sparks, Cerenkow radiation,
etc.)
c) moving the systems to the basement ?