tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat dies suddenly
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2010 19:49:33 GMT
Carl wrote:
.. a lot of messages, and I have not yet read all of them, but I
sympathise with the predicament.

I am very far from any kind of Java expertise, so just something that I
vaguely seem to remember, although it may be from a very long time ago,
not applicable, already mentioned by someone, and maybe not relevant at
all..
I thus vaguely seem to remember that there existed some option to the
JVM to provide a last resort amount of memory, only used if the JVM
really ran out of memory, for the purpose of allowing at least some
last-ditch desperate action to take place (like logging the catastrophe
maybe).  I don't remember how it's called or how it works, but maybe it
will raise something in some expert's memory.