tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Fabien COMBERNOUS <fcombern...@kezia.com>
Subject tomcat6 and https
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2010 13:22:21 GMT
Hi there,

I'm trying to use tomcat with URL https.

My application is running well and i can use it via http. Now i trying
to configure tomcat to use https.
I'm running 6.0.20 (debian package revision -dfsg1-1). Il the server.xml
i have the following connectors.

My first connector (http) :
        <Connector port="8080"
                maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25"
                maxSpareThreads="75"
                enableLookups="false"
                redirectPort="8443"
                acceptCount="100"
                URIEncoding="UTF-8" />

My second connector (https) :
<Connector port="8443" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"
                keystoreFile="conf/keystore" keystorePass="changeit"
clientAuth="false"
                sslProtocol="TLS" />

About tomcat i'm a realy newbie, so i read severals documents from
tomcat website. I understood that tomcat can be connected to apache. My
Debian host looks to use Coyotte and not apache.
My host already use a self signed certificate with apache. So i used
this certificate named myserver.pem in the command :
$> keytool -import -noprompt -v -storepass changeit -keystore
$CATALINA_BASE/conf/keystore -alias tomcat -file myserver.pem

But when i restart tomcat, i get the following message in tomcat logs :

09-Feb-2010 11:00:03 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start
SEVERE: Error starting endpoint
java.io.IOException: jsse.invalid_ssl_conf
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: No available certificate or key
corresponds to the SSL cipher suites which are enabled.

I don't unerstand what i did wrong.

--
*Fabien COMBERNOUS*
/unix system engineer/