tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat load context twise
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2010 22:09:41 GMT
On 08/02/2010 21:59, John McKaine wrote:

> Hello everyone.
>
> The problem is fairly simple, but I just do not know what was happening.
>
> On Tomcat server I have  virtual host and my application like this
> (server.xml):

Which version of Tomcat, OS, JVM etc?  Exact versions do matter.

>      <Engine Name="Catalina" defaultHost="www.workinua.com.ua">

It's probably an editing error, but at one Host should match the
defaultHost.

>        <Host Name="www.mysite.com" appBase="webapps" autoDeploy="false">
>              <Alias>  Workinua.com.ua</ Alias>
>              <Context Path="" docBase="MyApp" debug="0" />

Case matters, "path" not "Path".

Defining a docBase which is inside the appBase of the Host, while
stating a different path, will cause double deployment.

Defining Context in server.xml is strongly discouraged in recent
versions of Tomcat.

The default application should be called "ROOT".

If you are using Tomcat 5.5 or 6.0, define the Context in a file in your
application like so:

   tomcat/webapps/ROOT/META-INF/context.xml
   tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml