tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: More than 20 users not able to access the application...
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2010 11:56:23 GMT
On 08/02/2010 06:37, munirathinavel@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm having the following configuration.....

Please reply to the list only.

Leaving the whole/majority of the previous message intact helps other
readers follow the thread.

Again, no need for all the extra spacing.

>         OS- Windows Server 2008
>         RAM- 4 GB
>         Processor-Intel Xeon(R)
>
>         Tomcat version-6.0.18
>
>             >This is my server.xml configuration......
>
>                                     <Executor name="tomcatThreadPool" namePrefix="catalina-exec-"
>                                    maxThreads="400" minSpareThreads="4" maxSpareThreads="100"
/>

What, all of it?

>         JVM memory settings:
>         Path -C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_16\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll
>         Initial memory pool        - 1024 MB
>         Maximum memory pool   - 2560 MB
>         Thread stack size         - 1024 KB

I'm not a Windows expert, but that doesn't look

>            Last few days I'm doing load testing in my application.Two days back i did
a load testing with 20 concurrent users and the application responding very slowly.Some pages
are not getting loaded. In Mozilla (Firebug) I'm getting Page Aborted as the status.

>             Can you please tell me what is the problem and how can i proceed with more
than 20 concurrent users.

>                                                                     Thanks.

Based on the information you've provided I'd have to guess that your
application is the problem.  You can proceed with more than 20
concurrent users by fixing your application.

Tomcat is known to support very high loads in production, some regulars
on the list here will attest to that.

Read the following:

What does your application do?

How are you load testing your application, exactly?

What do your application logs say during the slow down?