tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Juha Laiho <Juha.La...@iki.fi>
Subject Re: More than 20 users not able to access the application...
Date Sun, 07 Feb 2010 19:11:53 GMT
On 02/06/2010 01:03 PM, Munirathinavel wrote:

> How to configure tomcat to use more users concurrently?
>
>               I'm using Apache2.2 as front end server&  Tomcat 6 as Back end
> server.
>

>              My application is not supporting more 20 users.........
>              I'm not able to figure out the problem......
>              Can you please tell me the Apache Tomcat configuration for more
> users.

As Pid already wrote, you're not providing much information for
us to make any good analysis of your situation, so rough guesses
are all we can do at the moment.

You didn't mention any database, but your code could be caching
a database reference somewhere, and hitting a configured limit
of 20 connections in a database connection pool. Of course, if
the application doesn't have a database, then this guess is
completely off.

I think you could try running a test against the Tomcat example
webapps with more than 20 concurrent users (preferably even
just Tomcat, without the Apache frontend), to prove for yourself
that the problem is indeed not in Tomcat.
--
..Juha