tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sam Anderson <sam...@gmail.com>
Subject Tomcat 6 and Apache 2 - using Tomcat 6 with virtual hosts
Date Sat, 06 Feb 2010 23:57:44 GMT
Hi there everyone. Firstly, i hope this is the correct list to post to.

I have been using Tomcat 6 with Apache2 on Debian Lenny for the purposes
of hosting multiple Railo websites on the same server.

My question is related to virtual hosting and Tomcat 6. I need to be
able to create new virtualhosts, and for them to use Tomcat, however
from my recent "searches" Tomcat needs a hard restart in order for it to
work. This would impact on all other websites on the same server.

So, I would prefer to "reload" rather than restart.

Can anyone know if this is do-able/possible, and if so, could you please
suggest the correct way to set this up, or recommend modules that can be
implimented or configs that do this.

Many thanks in advance
Sam