tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: Parameters disappear from PUTs
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 12:47:08 GMT wrote:
> I am submitting forms to a restful interface using an HTTP PUT with the
> params in the header of the PUT. I believe that's normal, and it works
> just fine on Jetty. The params are definitely sent.
> When I load my app into Tomcat 6 (Ubuntu), the form submission works
> perfectly if I use a POST: the params are definitely received. If I use a
> PUT, it works, but the parameters are missing -- not blank, but gone
> completely. I can also use a DELETE and that works (no params involved, of
> course), so it's not that PUT/DELETE are blocked.
> I've searched the docs, the wiki, and this list, but can't find anything
> about this. Is this expected behavior? Is there a setting somewhere? I
> found a setting in web.xml, but that appeared to refer only to SSI and was
> an all or nothing switch. Here, the PUT goes through and all the right
> methods are called, resulting in a row in the database. But the row is
> blank. (The only required field is the ID and that's passed in the URL.)
> I'm stumped. Anyone have any ideas?
Well, are you sure that a PUT request actually admits "parameters" ?, section 9.6

A PUT request requests that the attached entity (in the requst body) be
stored at the location indicated by the URI.
But I see no reference to parameters here.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message