tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: tomcat can not work on vista sometimes
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 20:44:34 GMT
chenll wrote:
> hi, i installed tomcat 6 and jre 1.6 on Windows Vista. i started tomcat by clicking the
file of bin\tomcat6.exe, and then type http://localhost:8080 in IE explorer, sometims it can
work and link to webpage of Apache Tomcat, but sometimes i failed and it showed that failed
to connect.

Hi.
Can you define "sometimes" (and the rest) a bit more precisely ?
Give us an example.
Like :
- Tomcat is version 6.x.y, as downloaded from this link : http://....
- the JRE 1.6 is precisely this version : (use "java -version")
- I start Tomcat this way : ....
- On the same Windows machine, using IE, I enter this URL : ....
  and I get the Tomcat start page
- I click "reload page" 5 times, and
   3 times I get the Tomcat start page
   2 times I get this message in the browser : .....
- in the Tomcat logfiles, I see this : .....

Thanks