tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: how to modify classpath on tomcat4.1.27
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 16:13:51 GMT
On 02/02/2010 15:05, bhavik shah wrote:
> HI I have installed tomcat 4.1.27 as a windows service.

Why so old, and why not the most recent version in that series?

> I want to modify the classpath and add the following line: c:\program
> files\documentum\shared\custom.jar
 >
> Where should I modify the classpath?

You don't mess with the classpath directly.
You add the jar to your web application lib directory.

  myapp/WEB-INF/lib

or, you add it to one of Tomcat's lib directories.

  tomcat/server/lib
  tomcat/common/lib
  tomcat/shared/lib

depending on what the jar contains and is supposed to do.

If you're asking this type of question, you probably need to read the
docs at http://tomcat.apache.org/