tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Malcolm Warren <malc...@villeinitalia.com>
Subject Threadlocal problem
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 13:31:31 GMT
SEVERE: A web application created a ThreadLocal with key of type
[org.apache.commons.lang.builder.ToStringStyle$1] (value
[org.apache.commons.lang.builder.ToStringStyle$1@66a37d72]) and a value
of type [java.util.HashSet] (value [[]]) but failed to remove it when
the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the
ThreadLocal has been forcibly removed.

I get this message with every hot redeploy, which is a little worrying.
Anybody know what it's about?

This started with the latest Tomcat 6 version: 6.0.24.
I'm pleased with this new version because it also pointed out politely
that I hadn't closed a thread I'd opened.

I've fixed my Thread but I still get the message shown at the beginning
of this email.

I don't use ThreadLocal in my code at all, so it's Tomcat who's creating
this ThreadLocal for some reason, but since it's not mine it's something
I can't do much about, presumably.

Thanks for any help you may be able to give.

regards,
Malcolm Warren