tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: smaller, faster tomcat?
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 13:59:50 GMT
On 01/02/2010 13:31, Edwin Ansicodd wrote:

> developing a web app on tomcat, restarting tomcat is taking up time.

A clean Tomcat 6.0.24 install takes about 0.6 seconds to start. I have
an installation in front of me now with ~50 webapps that only takes 3.5
seconds to start.

Anything above that is delay caused by your web application(s) not Tomcat.

> Is there a smaller tomcat or settings for development on tomcat that allow
> for faster development?

I have still to find the magic "make Tomcat run my application faster"
button although you aren't the first person to look for it.

You need a smaller/faster web application, not a smaller/faster Tomcat.

Mark