tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: Application deployment on clusters
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 11:04:06 GMT
On 01/02/2010 10:52, Fernando Morgenstern wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to find out how can i deploy an application on all nodes at a Tomcat 6 cluster.
> Basically i have this on my server.xml:
> <Deployer className="org.apache.catalina.ha.deploy.FarmWarDeployer"
>                     tempDir="/tmp/war-temp/"
>                     deployDir="/tmp/war-deploy/"
>                     watchDir="/tmp/war-listen/"
>                     watchEnabled="false"/>
> Does it means, that i have to move my war file to /tmp/war-deploy and it will be deployed
on all nodes?

I was about to say check the docs and a found this:

Anyone fancy writing a documentation patch? The Javadoc also needs updating.

>From a quick scan of the code:
watchDir - the directory where we watch for changes - put your WAR to
deploy here
deployDir - the directory where we install applications
tempDir - a temporaryDirectory to store binary data when downloading a
war from the cluster

> I saw this post while searching on google (
 ) that farm deployer is broken. Could someone confirm if this is still true as this post
is from 2007?

Filip was probably referring to which was fixed
in 6.0.20 onwards.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message