tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to enable RMISecurityManager in Tomcat 6.0?
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2010 19:08:28 GMT
2010/2/8 Caldarale, Charles R <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com>:
>> From: Konstantin Kolinko [mailto:knst.kolinko@gmail.com]
>> Subject: Re: How to enable RMISecurityManager in Tomcat 6.0?
>>
>> 2010/2/7 Suman.P.S <suman_bgl@yahoo.com>:
>> >
>> >  I am interested to know how to enable RMISecurityManager when Tomcat
>> 6.0 is running as Windows service?
>>
>> See
>> http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=120156204111331&w=2
>
> I'm not sure that does what the OP wants.  There is a separate java.rmi.RMISecurityManager
class that should be used here, but I don't think there's a way to specify that on the command
line.  I haven't yet looked at the RMISecurityManager code, so I don't know how it differs
from the regular SecurityManager implementation.

1. I have not actually tried, but it should be possible to specify
-Djava.security.manager=java.rmi.RMISecurityManager

(following an example here:
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/security/spec/security-spec.doc6.html
)

2. In the message that I referenced above there is a small error. The
policy should be specified with
-Djava.security.policy==<tomcat_installation_dir>/conf/catalina.policy

(note that the value of the property starts with '=')  That is to
avoid combining it with the JVM default policy. Though I think it
should work without that as well.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko