tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Laird Nelson <ljnel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Still unable to get a heap dump from Tomcat running on Windows as a service
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 02:30:06 GMT
On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 9:28 PM, Laird Nelson <ljnelson@gmail.com> wrote:

> Another data point: people have told me to download the Windows .zip
> distribution of Tomcat 6.0.24.  I want to point out that this is not linked
> anywhere on the Tomcat download page.  The *base* distribution is of
> course linked, and the .exe self-extracting-installer package, but I had to
> manually add "-windows-x86" to cause the Windows distribution (containing
> among other things tomcat.exe, service.bat, etc.) to get downloaded.
>
> This was true no matter what mirror I selected.

Should have been more clear: http://tomcat.apache.org/download-60.cgi has,
at the bottom, a Binary Distributions section, which lists the Core and
Deployer options.  If you hover over the Core .zip option, and then doctor
its URL such that "-windows-x86" appears right before the ".zip", then you
get the file that people have been recommending I download.

Thanks,
Laird