tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Laird Nelson <ljnel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Still unable to get a heap dump from Tomcat running on Windows as a service
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 21:52:03 GMT
On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 4:41 PM, Caldarale, Charles R <
Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote:

> That's not a user account, that's the system account, with pretty much no
> privileges to do anything.

...which is pretty much how I like it.  :-)  I'm not a Windows guy, so bear
with me for a moment: since I have moved the permissions on the working
directory up such that Everyone has Full Control, surely then the system
account could drop a file in that directory?  Or is there some other
privilege setting that says even if there's permission granted to the
filesystem, the system account shalt not write even unto it?

Thanks again for the help.

Best,
Laird