tomcat-users mailing list archives

From che10234 <>
Subject RE: environment entries web.xml localhost/context.xml confusion
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 16:06:56 GMT

> Tomcat doesn't create these; the developer (or administrator) does.  You
> have the choice of placing environment entries in either location.  IIRC,
> the ones in the <Context> element will supersede the ones in web.xml,
> allowing the administrator to replace any the developer set without the
> need of updating the original .war file.

Thanks again Chuck.

I'm dealing with one application deployed in 3 different environments
(develop,test,live). So it's definitely an advantage to modify the env
entries without updating the war file. So if it's not bad practice I want to
keep the env entries in the localhost/myapp.xml file ONLY. I just wanted to
make sure there wasn't some other reason why it would be a bad idea to
remove them from web.xml.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message