tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Fernando Morgenstern <ferna...@consultorpc.com>
Subject Re: Application deployment on clusters
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 11:53:20 GMT
Em 01/02/2010, às 09:04, Mark Thomas escreveu:

> On 01/02/2010 10:52, Fernando Morgenstern wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to find out how can i deploy an application on all nodes at a Tomcat
6 cluster.

>> Basically i have this on my server.xml:
>>
>> <Deployer className="org.apache.catalina.ha.deploy.FarmWarDeployer"
>>                    tempDir="/tmp/war-temp/"
>>                    deployDir="/tmp/war-deploy/"
>>                    watchDir="/tmp/war-listen/"
>>                    watchEnabled="false"/>
>>
>> Does it means, that i have to move my war file to /tmp/war-deploy and it will be
deployed on all nodes?

> I was about to say check the docs and a found this:
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/cluster-deployer.html
>
> Anyone fancy writing a documentation patch? The Javadoc also needs updating.
>
> From a quick scan of the code:
> watchDir - the directory where we watch for changes - put your WAR to
> deploy here
> deployDir - the directory where we install applications
> tempDir - a temporaryDirectory to store binary data when downloading a
> war from the cluster

Thanks for your quick answer.

I changed watchEnabled to true and downloaded this sample war ( https://sec1.woopra.com/docs/appdev/sample/
) into /tmp/war-listen/ but it is not listed at list applications on tomcat manager. I found
the following entries on catalina.out:

INFO: check cluster wars at /tmp/war-listen
Feb 1, 2010 12:37:18 PM org.apache.catalina.ha.deploy.FarmWarDeployer fileModified
INFO: Installing webapp[/sample] from /tmp/war-deploy/sample.war
Feb 1, 2010 12:37:18 PM org.apache.catalina.ha.deploy.FarmWarDeployer remove
INFO: Cluster wide remove of web app /sample
Feb 1, 2010 12:37:38 PM org.apache.catalina.ha.deploy.WarWatcher check
INFO: check cluster wars at /tmp/war-listen
Feb 1, 2010 12:37:58 PM org.apache.catalina.ha.deploy.WarWatcher check
INFO: check cluster wars at /tmp/war-listen

Any ideas of what i am doing wrong?

Also, does this /tmp/war* paths needs to be shared between all nodes on the cluster ( Eg.:
using glusterfs or another distributed filesystem ) or does tomcat takes care of this?

Best Regards,
---

Fernando Marcelo
www.consultorpc.com