tomcat-users mailing list archives

From MB <digital.disc...@gmail.com>
Subject eclipse plugin for configuring publishable datasource?
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2010 14:37:10 GMT
Is there a Eclipse plugin that can help you with properly configuring a
data source for Tomcat and other containers?  It should be easy and
straightforward to configure a data source, but it seems it's not. Even
with the tools available  Eclipse Java EE for Web Developers, it's easy
to mess up somewhere. At least with Tomcat 5.5.x.

I can set up a native Eclipse Data Source no problem, I can run JDBC
code successfully, but when I set up the data source according to the
docs at <http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/jndi-datasource-
examples-howto.html> and also with the examples available in the manual
for the Connector/J of MySQL 5.1, the data source seems to be ignored.

I checked out the database section on the eclipse site, but saw nothing
obvious. Any ideas?