tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Carl" <c...@etrak-plus.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat dies suddenly
Date Sat, 13 Feb 2010 18:59:19 GMT
Tsirkin,

I tried part of that.

I brought up a server with openSuse (64 bit), the latest Sun Java and the
latest Tomcat.  Failed in about 15 minutes with the same indicators (no
tracks in any log, didn't know to look for a core file at that time.)  Could
try this again and check for the core file to see if the failure is the
same.

I agree building from source and debugging is a very hard road.  Have been
trying to find a solution for almost three months and everything I have
tried has failed.

There appear to be only two moving parts: the operating system and the jvm
(we now know the failure is when the jvm seg faults.)  Maybe I should try a
different jvm but I have always believed Sun's was most likely the most
stable and bug free.

Another option is to create a separate Tomcat for each application.  This
would require reworking and rethinking the applications with no guarantee of
success anyway.

It would seem that there is something wrong in my setup because I can't
believe every 64 bit Slackware/Tomcat has failed as we would likely see that
on this list.

I am certainly open to any suggestion and I appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks,

Carl