tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Carl" <c...@etrak-plus.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat dies suddenly
Date Sat, 13 Feb 2010 18:37:35 GMT
Chris,

I have implemented and tested this process (if I kill the java process, I
can see that it was killed and the exit code.).

In the meantime, the system failed again.  Light load this time and it was
restarted at 1:00AM this morning so it should not have had any carryover
from yesterday.  The only thing I have done is to access application B
several times to see if that would trigger a failure (application A is
production.)  Maybe it did and maybe it didn't.  The core file showed the
same information as previous failures:

This GDB was configured as "x86_64-slackware-linux".
(no debugging symbols found)
Core was generated by
`/usr/local/java/bin/java -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/usr/local/tomcat/conf'.

I have tried attaching gdb to a currently running Tomcat and I get seg fault
after seg fault but it lets me continue.  Not certain what that means but it
looks more and more like I will have to build a jvm from source with
debugging symbols.  Does anyone know of a way to force a java stack dump
when the jvm seg faults?

The good news is that I have now switched to the server I built this morning
to see how it holds up (eliminated the jre from the install instead of
removing it afterwards.)

Thanks,

Carl