tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Carl" <c...@etrak-plus.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Tomcat dies suddenly
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 17:16:58 GMT
Chris,

As I said in an email a minute ago, I use a cron process to stop Tomcat,
copy in new war's and restart Tomcat at 1:00AM.  The script is pretty
simple:

JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/java; export JAVA_HOME

cd /usr/local/tomcat/bin
./shutdown.sh
sleep 60

rm -rf /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/livonia
rm -rf /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/default
rm -rf /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/paragon

cp /usr/local/tomcat_wars/etrak-plus.war
/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/livonia.war

cp /usr/local/tomcat_wars/etrak-plus.war
/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/default.war

cp /usr/local/tomcat_wars/etrak-plus.war
/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/paragon.war

cp /usr/local/tomcat_wars/etrak-plus.war /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/test.war

sleep 30

strace -o /usr/local/tomcat/logs/trace_log.txt
/usr/local/tomcat/bin/startup.sh

exit

I am reworking the strace part to rotate the logs.

Thanks,

Carl