tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Carl" <>
Subject Re: [OT] Tomcat dies suddenly
Date Sun, 14 Feb 2010 17:41:24 GMT

Been there.   In Brookfield (CT), under certain circumstances, when someone
would use the copier (not on the same circuit), the Novell server would go

Here, we have all new wiring directly from the fuse box with really good
UPS's in between.

----- Original Message -----
From: "George Sexton" <>
To: "'Tomcat Users List'" <>
Sent: Sunday, February 14, 2010 11:58 AM
Subject: RE: [OT] Tomcat dies suddenly

There's a story in a book I once read where a computer system crashed every
morning around the same time. No one could figure it out. Finally, the head
of IS goes down to the computer room at the expected time. In walks a
maintenance man who comes in, opens the cabinet for the computer, and plugs
a floor polisher into a spare outlet in the cabinet. When the maintenance
man activates the polisher, boom, the system crashed.

When asked by his boss what the problem was, he told him it was a buffer

I used to have a Novell server that would mysteriously reboot every few
days. In my case, the server was on the same circuit as a laser printer, and
both were plugged into a Haworth cubicle outlet. Periodically, load was too
much and it would causes a server reboot. We brought in another circuit NOT
on the inadequate cubicle wiring system, and the problem went away.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
Voice: 303 438 9585

To unsubscribe, e-mail: