Thanks for important pointers.

I looked into logs folder but its empty. I have attached here the content of ROOT directory. I made permission to read using property. it was not there before.

How to verify which userid tomcat is using and what access it has ? I have no access to admin and it asks me to install admin package. Please let me know for more information.

Thanks,
Joesph

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 3:32 PM, Caldarale, Charles R <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote:
> From: File Send [mailto:file.send18@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat 5.5 root directory
>
> Any pointers ??

Look in the Tomcat logs for any messages.

Show us the contents of webapps/ROOT - including permissions.

Verify that the userid Tomcat is running under has at least read access to the .jsp file and full access to the work directory (where the generated .java and .class files will be written to).

 - Chuck