tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Crowther <peter.crowt...@melandra.com>
Subject Re: Please Validate this Question
Date Sat, 23 Jan 2010 09:44:35 GMT
2010/1/23 Karthik Nanjangude <karthik.nanjangude@xius-bcgi.com>:
> 1)       A Custom built  web application  uses Quartz  process ( Kron  job)  every
 20  minutes  to DB  (JNDI based Connection pool )  to process some data on  when deployed
on  single  system,

> 2)       The same is deployed on a Apache 2x - tomcat CLUSTER mode as 2 instances
on 2 different independent System.

> Question:   Does each instance of the application be connection to DB every 20 minute
based on the Kron -Job Configuration.

Yes.  The instances are independent.

> If so Is there any way within the Cluster Configuration to prevent this issue?

Not that I am aware of.  You will have to design your application
appropriately.  For example, could these jobs run every 10 minutes if
both nodes are up rather than every 20?  If so, you could code your
app so that one node ran the job at :00, :20 and :40 and the other
node ran it at :10, :30 and :50.

- Peter