tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Crowther <peter.crowt...@melandra.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat + Apache + AJP = high cpu usage:/
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2010 08:15:02 GMT
2010/1/14 pionier <pionierprog@interia.pl>:
> When i configured Tomcat to work with Apache
> I discovered that immediately after  i run Apache, Tomcat i using 100% of
> cpu usage ;/
> can someone tell me whay is this happening ?

Apart from one guess, not without a lot more information or Andre's
Internet Telepathy add-on ;-).

The guess: You've defined an AJP connector in Tomcat's configuration,
but you're not using that from httpd.  You're using mod_proxy to
forward requests from httpd to Tomcat, but there's no HTTP connector
to receive them.

If this doesn't help, we could use a few more bits of information:
OS?
JVM version?
Apache httpd version?
Tomcat version?
Which process is using all the CPU?
Do you use httpd for anything else?
Does high CPU use start immediately, or after a request to httpd or Tomcat?

- Peter