tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Richard Cooke <richa...@saratoga.co.za>
Subject Disabled use of AcceptEx() WinSock2 API” error on Windows 7
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2010 07:02:07 GMT
When starting Tomcat 6 on a newly installed Windows 7 Enterprise machine
with JRE 6 using C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
6.0\bin\tomcat6.exe the application does not open and my event viewer has
the message:

"Disabled use of AcceptEx() WinSock2 API."

The same installer of Tomcat worked on Windows Vista before I upgraded my
operating system.

Can anyone please suggest a way to fix this?

The only site I can find mentioning this is
http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?p=4418 which suggests using this
config setting "Win32DisableAcceptEx" - but it's for Apache, not Tomcat, and
I have no idea where in what config file it might need to go in Tomcat.
Thanks.