tomcat-users mailing list archives

From WM C <doublecr...@live.com>
Subject How to access files in network drive
Date Sun, 03 Jan 2010 10:02:41 GMT

Hi -

This is more like a general java question.

In my web app, I need to read files from a network drive folder, which has access restriction
(my account is permitted).

During development time, since I am using Eclipse and Tomcat is integrated inside, so both
were run under my account, everything works fine, but when deployed onto a testing server,
where Tomcat runs using a system account, file access was denied.

How to resolve this problem? Is there a way when accessing file, I can pass in a user identity
as parameter, or "log on" first just like access database? Seems java File API does not have
this option.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

William

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222986/direct/01/