tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Diedler <adied...@tecracer.de>
Subject HowTo restart VHosts on 6.0.20
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2010 10:11:54 GMT
Hello,
We have created a 2 node cluster with Apache 2.2.14 and Tomcat 6.0.20.
In the Tomcat install path there are a lot of VHosts (it is so called?):
Conf/Catalina/webappA  with ROOT.xml
Conf/Catalina/webappB with ROOT.xml
Conf/Catalina/webappC with ROOT.xml
Conf/Catalina/localhost manager.xml and host-manager.xml

In server.xml:
<Host appBase="webappA" name="webappA">
</Host>
<Host appBase="webappB" name="webappB">
</Host>
<Host appBase="webappC" name="webappC">
</Host>

We want to have the possibility, to reload every VHost seperatly by using the MANAGER App
in every vhost. What have we to do? We donĀ“t want to restart the whole windows service.
2nd question: How we can secure the manager app in every context only be accessed by special
IP ranges?

Greetings
Alexander