tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <Joshua_Korn-Heil...@ibi.com>
Subject RE: fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'libeay32.lib'
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2010 19:32:40 GMT
I think I am though, I'm sorry I'm not very descriptive but all I know is that I'm looking
for something called tomcat6w.exe and from what I understand it's supposed to be in c code,
or at least that's what I was told.

Thanks
Josh

-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 07, 2010 2:29 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'libeay32.lib'

> From: Joshua_Korn-Heilner@ibi.com [mailto:Joshua_Korn-Heilner@ibi.com]
> Subject: RE: fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'libeay32.lib'
>
> Oh I'm sorry for not being more specific in my original post, I'm
> looking for the source code for Tomcat that I can compile and then
> make changes to, that is the point of the native and all those
> instructions right, to get a working version of the Tomcat source?

True, but almost all of Tomcat proper is in Java, not native code.  Only the APR connector
is in C, the other connectors are pure Java.  Unless you are narrowly focused on that one
connector, don't bother with it, and just use a better IDE (or a plain editor) to fiddle with
the guts of Tomcat.

 - Chuck