tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Flaherty <pflah...@rampageinc.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Filter Mapping Issue
Date Sat, 09 Jan 2010 22:33:41 GMT
Chris,

Although adding ROOT of my appBase fixed my Filter mapping issue, I'm
guessing that I need to
put every bit of my app (all classes, libs etc ....) into that ROOT
folder, correct ?

So then if I decide to deploy another app in a virtual host say for
instance :

Host Name : www.domain.com   appBase=c:/app123

If that has a folder called proofs that I want filter mapping hits
on, do I
created a ROOT folder off of my appBase (ie  c:/app123/ROOT) and put
every bit of my app (all classes, libs etc ....) into that ROOT folder ?

I'm sorry to belabor the point. I know that adding the ROOT folder
fixed my
initial problem but I not sure if that is because when only running 1
host it
should be called ROOT or is it that every Host needs to have a ROOT
folder
off of it's appBase and everything should bit of the app should be
put in there.

It seems the ROOT folder was the key here but before we wanted to add
filter
mapping app worked fine when appBase is what we deemed to be the web
root for the app. It has worked well like that for years.

Is there a hard and fast rule about deployment that I'm missing ?
(Probably)
If there is. it seems to revolve around having a ROOT folder for each
app maybe ?

Any more enlightenment would be appreciated.

Thanks once again.

-P