tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Flaherty <>
Subject Tomcat Filter Mapping Issue
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2010 14:55:06 GMT

I'm trying to get filter mapping working in Windows Tomcat 6.0.20. I
can get it to work one way but not another.

I have 2 virtual hosts where filter mapping on one host is working (I
get a hit) and another host that does not work (no hits)

Here are the 2 virtual hosts as seen in Server.xml file :

Fails (no hits)
       <Host name=""  appBase="c:/FilterTest"
             unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"

Works (I get hits)
       <Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps"
             unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"

Here is my filter :

If I type the following I get a hit (Using Second host from above) :

If I type the following I DO NOT get a hit (Using First host from
above) :

In both cases the png image is found and displayed in the browser.

My guest is it has something to do with the appBase where the one that
works is :

and the one that fails is :

Any help would be greatly appreciated.