tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Clay McCoy <>
Subject Embedded tomcat example
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2010 19:31:20 GMT

Here is an example project for people interested in making an executable war, or a Groovy
script to start embeded Tomcat.
The idea was to take my real project and remove everything not relevant to this example.
 But it doesn't work anymore.  :(

The script just quits after calling embedded.start().  In EmbeddedTomcat.groovy on line 69.

There are no errors, why would the embedded Tomcat server just stop?  That's useless.

In my original project it keeps the tcp accept loop going until I terminate the process.
I'm not sure what the difference is.
I can deploy this war and everything works fine.

If anyone has suggestions of any kind please don't hesitate.  I had such trouble finding documentation
to make this happen, that I wanted to put a good example out there to help others.  I'll eventually
write a blog post once I get this working correctly.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message