tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Clay McCoy <cmc...@acteksoft.com>
Subject Embedded tomcat example
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2010 19:31:20 GMT
http://github.com/claymccoy/ExecutableWar

Here is an example project for people interested in making an executable war, or a Groovy
script to start embeded Tomcat.
The idea was to take my real project and remove everything not relevant to this example.
 But it doesn't work anymore.  :(

The script just quits after calling embedded.start().  In EmbeddedTomcat.groovy on line 69.
http://github.com/claymccoy/ExecutableWar/blob/master/RUN/src/main/groovy/com/claymccoy/tomcat/EmbeddedTomcat.groovy

There are no errors, why would the embedded Tomcat server just stop?  That's useless.

In my original project it keeps the tcp accept loop going until I terminate the process.
I'm not sure what the difference is.
I can deploy this war and everything works fine.

If anyone has suggestions of any kind please don't hesitate.  I had such trouble finding documentation
to make this happen, that I wanted to put a good example out there to help others.  I'll eventually
write a blog post once I get this working correctly.
Thanks,
Clay