tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shan, Justine" <justine.s...@sap.com>
Subject Tomcat encryption algorithms
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 18:52:54 GMT
Hi,

As far as I know, the only encryption implemented by Tomcat itself is SSL. But I need to know
what exactly algorithms have been implemented and distributed with the binary from Apache
Tomcat 5.X and 6.

To my understanding, Tomcat relies on the JVM or JCE installed on the user's machine to implement
SSL, which implies Tomcat doesn't ship any cryptographic algorithms but only implements SSL
protocol. On the other hand, from the Legal page Tomcat is classified as 5D002, strong cryptography.
This implies Tomcat does contain (and thus ships with) encryption implementation. And I need
to know what exactly algorithms are implemented.

Please reply to me at justine.shan@sap.com<mailto:justine.shan@sap.com>

Thank you very much!

Justine