tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ramachandran, Vishwanath(IE10)" <Vishwanath.Ramachand...@Honeywell.com>
Subject RE: tomcat log analyzer
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2010 09:24:55 GMT
Hi Ryszard

Yes catalina.out is not used for traffic analysis. I just looking for a tool, which I like
to see visitors, access, counts, pages visited, browsers used etc. Is there any tool like
e.g. weblog expert and deep log analyzer, where I just give the catalina.out in the log file
location and generate reports

Regards
Vishwanath
Desk: +91 80 26588360 Extn: 48555

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryszard Łach [mailto:rylach@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2010 1:59 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: tomcat log analyzer

2010/1/21 Ramachandran, Vishwanath(IE10) <
Vishwanath.Ramachandran@honeywell.com>

> I have evaluated around 8 tools which do not support catalina.out.
> Kindly suggest.

Hi.

catalina.out is not supposed to be used for traffic analyzis.

Look at the AccessLogValve

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/valve.html

Cheers,

R.
--
"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they
fight you. Then you win." - Mohandas Gandhi.