tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: public_html config not working
Date Sat, 30 Jan 2010 17:13:55 GMT
> From: Aryeh Friedman [mailto:aryeh.friedman@gmail.com]
> Subject: public_html config not working
>
> I took following from cutting and pasting from O'Reilly's Defenative
> Tomcat and put it inside each of my virtual hosts (as shown the
> default Host) and then I get resource unavaible for any request to
> ~user but the rest of the (virtual) host works:
>
> <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.startup.UserConfig"
> directoryName="public_html"
> userClass="org.apache.catalina.startup.PasswdUserDatabase">
> </Listener>

At the bare minimum, tell us the Tomcat version you're using, the JVM it's running on, and
the platform - we're not mind readers.  If you tried the above on Windows, it will certainly
fail.

The real doc for that feature of the current Tomcat version is here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/host.html#User%20Web%20Applications

 - Chuck