tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Disabled use of AcceptEx() WinSock2 API" error on Windows 7
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2010 14:33:47 GMT
> From: Richard Cooke [mailto:richardc@saratoga.co.za]
> Subject: Re: Disabled use of AcceptEx() WinSock2 API" error on Windows
> 7
>
> The zip version starts without any problems using startup.bat.

I did get Tomcat 6.0.20 running as a service on Win7, with a few caveats:

1) The OS is Win7 Ultimate *RC1* running on VMware.

2) The service was installed with service.bat running as administrator.

3) The JVM is JDK 1.7.0-ea-b76.

So it's likely to be a tad different environment than yours...

 - Chuck