tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 5.5 org.apache.naming.ResourceRef cannot be cast to javax.sql.DataSource
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2010 14:52:21 GMT
> From: Steve Ryder [mailto:sryder@jsrsys.com]
> Subject: Tomcat 5.5 org.apache.naming.ResourceRef cannot be cast to
> javax.sql.DataSource
>
> <Resource name="jdbc/MySql" auth="Container"
> type="javax.sql.Datasource"
> factory="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory"

The specified factory is for the standard Apache commons DBCP, not the one bundled with Tomcat.
 You might try removing it and let the Tomcat DBCP factory do its thing.

> My jdbc driver jar is: mysql-connector-java-5.0.8-bin.jar

Where is the JDBC jar located?

Since you're upgrading, why not upgrade to 6.0.x?  (5.5 is not getting much in the way of
active development these days.)

 - Chuck