tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: newbie: multiple ports for same tomcat server 5.0
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2010 18:03:11 GMT
> From: Chart [mailto:cchart3@hotmail.com]
> Subject: RE: newbie: multiple ports for same tomcat server 5.0
>
> I stated I am using port 8082 from the outside and
> need to use port 80 on the inside.

If your front-end is on the same machine, you will have a port conflict, since it's already
got port 80 assigned.  If the front-end is on a different machine, you shouldn't have a conflict.
 However, if port 8082 is open to the outside world, is there anything that stops the outside
world from using the public IP address and accessing Tomcat on port 80?

Perhaps your firewall settings are such that you've taken care of that, but it's not clear.

 - Chuck