tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: newbie: multiple ports for same tomcat server 5.0
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2010 02:52:50 GMT
> From: Anurag Kapur [mailto:anuragkapur@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: newbie: multiple ports for same tomcat server 5.0
>
> You mentioned that adding the address attribute is recommended
> to prevent port conflicts.

I didn't say it was recommended, just that it was one way to avoid port conflicts, especially
if you wanted both <Connector> elements to use a standard port, such as 80.  The other
way, of course, is to simply use different ports.  In the case being discussed in the thread,
the OP wanted to segregate external users and internal ones, and typically that's done by
using separate IP addresses for each group.

 - Chuck