tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Help with security-constraint in web.xml
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2010 22:13:32 GMT
> From: Joe Hansen [mailto:joe.hansen.at@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Help with security-constraint in web.xml
>
> You were saying that I should handle the forced HTTPS redirection of
> certain pages on the httpd end, right?

No, I said you could handle the SSL encryption/decryption in httpd; the redirection still
has to occur by Tomcat recognizing a reference to a confidential resource.

As far as how to do so, you'll have to search the archives and the httpd docs.  You will likely
need two AJP <Connector> elements, one for secure traffic and one for normal.  If ultimate
performance is not an issue, leave what you've got alone.

 - Chuck