tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Help with security-constraint in web.xml
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2010 21:57:42 GMT
> From: Joe Hansen [mailto:joe.hansen.at@gmail.com]
> Subject: Help with security-constraint in web.xml
>
> What do I need to do so that the user is directed to
> https://ourwebsite.com/spring_security_login instead

Fix the redirectPort attribute in your <Connector> elements in conf/server.xml.

BTW, since you are front-ending Tomcat with httpd, it would be more efficient to have httpd
handle the SSL stuff, and let Tomcat see the requests in plain text - assuming you have a
secure connection between httpd and Tomcat.

 - Chuck