tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hare, Tim" <Tim.H...@SSRC.myflorida.com>
Subject Supporting multiple hostnames with one TomCat?
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2010 18:05:07 GMT
We are running TomCat on z/OS on an IBM mainframe, but I don't think
that's relevant to my issue (just including  it for complete
documentation).  We are moving from some CGI scripts to servlets .  On
the old web server, we could code

Exec            /prodcgi_URL_value/*            /prod_cgi_directory/*
prodhostname

Exec            /testcgi_URL_value/*            /test_cgi_directory/*
testhostname

Etcetera, which allowed the mere change of the hostname in URLs to get
production or test code, and allowed one instance of the web server to
serve pages for both environments.  Is it possible to do this with
contexts under TomCat,  or will I need multiple TomCats listening on
different ports to have a production and test environments?  Can I
specify a hostname when I deploy and can I relate it to a different file
URL?

Thanks

Tim Hare

Senior Systems Programmer

Southwood Shared Resource Center

Office:  850.488.4989

mailto:Tim.Hare@ssrc.myflorida.com

Please Note:  Florida has a very broad public records law.  Most written
communications to or from state officials regarding state business are
public records available to the public and media upon request.  Your
email communications may therefore be subject to public disclosure.