tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Zacheusz Siedlecki <zacheu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to JSF 2.0 (Mojarra-2.0.2) with Facelets on Tomcat?
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2010 23:13:28 GMT
It's not a problem exactly with Mojarra. It's a conflict between new
EL JARs (el-api-1.1.jar, el-impl-1.1.jar) and Tomcat's el jars
(el-impl.jar in Tomcat 6 and commons-el.jar in 5.5). The problem is
that Tomcat's jars are required by Jasper and I need JSP
implementation as well. When I add EL JARs to WEB-INF\lib I get this
exception:

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.LinkageError: loader
constraint violation: when resolving interface method
"javax.servlet.jsp.JspApplicationContext.getExpressionFactory()Ljavax/el/ExpressionFactory;"
the class loader (instance of org/apache/jasper/servlet/JasperLoader)
of the current class, org/apache/jsp/index_jsp, and the class loader
(instance of org/apache/catalina/loader/StandardClassLoader) for
resolved class, javax/servlet/jsp/JspApplicationContext, have
different Class objects for the type javax/el/ExpressionFactory used
in the signature
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:275)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

root cause:

java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: when resolving
interface method
"javax.servlet.jsp.JspApplicationContext.getExpressionFactory()Ljavax/el/ExpressionFactory;"
the class loader (instance of org/apache/jasper/servlet/JasperLoader)
of the current class, org/apache/jsp/index_jsp, and the class loader
(instance of org/apache/catalina/loader/StandardClassLoader) for
resolved class, javax/servlet/jsp/JspApplicationContext, have
different Class objects for the type javax/el/ExpressionFactory used
in the signature
	org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspInit(index_jsp.java:22)
	org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.init(HttpJspBase.java:52)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.getServlet(JspServletWrapper.java:159)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:329)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:342)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:267)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

Can You help with this?
     Regards,
          Zacheusz

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 10:03 AM, Zacheusz Siedlecki
<zacheuszs@gmail.com> wrote:
> First of all thanks for your replay. I hoped that there is known
> problem with Tomcat and Mojjara 2.0.2. I tried on Tomcat 6.0.20 but
> target Tomcat version should be 5.5. Java: HotSpot 1.6.0_16 OS:
> Windows 2003 Server.
>           Regards,
>                    Zacheusz
>
> On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 3:51 AM, Caldarale, Charles R
> <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote:
>>> From: zacheuszs@gmail.com [mailto:zacheuszs@gmail.com]
>>> On Behalf Of Zacheusz Siedlecki
>>> Subject: Re: How to JSF 2.0 (Mojarra-2.0.2) with Facelets on Tomcat?
>>>
>>> Nobody knows?
>>
>> Probably not, since you got zero responses to your original query - but then it contained
pretty much zero useful information.

>> Looks like a configuration error in Mojarra, but that's just a guess.
>>
>> If you want help with the Tomcat aspects, you'll need to supply at least the basics:
Tomcat version, JVM version, platform you're on, your server.xml, the web.xml for Mojarra,
and its <Context> element (if it has one).

>>  - Chuck
>>

>> THIS COMMUNICATION MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR OTHERWISE PROPRIETARY MATERIAL
and is thus for use only by the intended recipient. If you received this in error, please
contact the sender and delete the e-mail and its attachments from all computers.