tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Ryder" <sry...@jsrsys.com>
Subject Tomcat 5.5 org.apache.naming.ResourceRef cannot be cast to javax.sql.DataSource
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2010 05:32:40 GMT
I am migrating from Tomcat 5.0 w/ MSQL 4.1 to Tomcat 5.5 w/ MySQL Server version: 5.0.51a-3ubuntu5
(Ubuntu). I have followed the Tomcat Tutorials changing
from: ResourceLink in context.xml -> Resource in server.xml
to: just Resource in context.xml.

<Resource name="jdbc/MySql" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.Datasource"
factory="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory"
url="jdbc:mysql://localhost.localdomain/rsa?autoReconnect=true"
driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
password="******" username="jsrsys"
maxWait="10000" maxActive="200" maxIdle="5"
removeAbandoned="true" removeAbandonedTimeout="300" logAbandoned="true"
/>
Note: password ****** not real password!

My jdbc driver jar is: mysql-connector-java-5.0.8-bin.jar
When my Java application tries to connect it throws the error:
org.apache.naming.ResourceRef cannot be cast to javax.sql.DataSource

The application code works fine with the old MySQL and Tomcat in both Fedora and Windows.
I can't figure out what I may have done wrong or where to turn next.

Any advice would be sincerely appreciated.